Tuesday, November 27, 2007

That's What Girlfriends Are For


DEAR ABBY: I keep reading that having sex regularly will improve your health and extend your life. However, my wife of 34 years has lost all interest in sex and keeps pushing me away. So what do I do? Am I justified in taking on a lover on the side, discreetly, of course? -- CONSIDERING IT, SAN MATEO, CALIF.
DEAR CONSIDERING IT: I, too, have read that engaging in sex regularly can improve one's health and extend one's life. However, rather than asking me for permission, you should address that question to your wife. If it's all right with her, it's all right with me. But if she says no, please remember that the stress of carrying on an illicit affair could shorten your life, and if she catches you it could be fatal.
Dear Abby is written by Abigail Van Buren, also known as Jeanne Phillips, and was founded by her mother, Pauline Phillips. Write Dear Abby at http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/dearabby_form.html or P.O. Box 69440, Los Angeles, CA 90069.

This appeared on the November 26, 2007, issue of the newspaper that I read.

Is this guy looking for Abby's blessing to seek out a new partner?

It is quite a dilemma. What is the solution? If a friend of yours asked you this, what would you tell him?
I can't see that cheating on your spouse is ever the answer. There has to be a better way of dealing with this problem.

No comments: